2004-07 Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics, I. Kant State University of Russia, Russia
1999-2004 M.S. in Theoretical Physics, Kaliningrad State University, Russia
- 2016 - present, Assistant Professor (joint appointment), Engineering Science and Ocean Engineering Department, National Taiwan University (NTU), Taiwan
- 2020 - present, Associate Investigator, Institute of Biomed Eng & Nanomed., National Health Research Institutes (NHRI), Taiwan
- 2015 - 2019, Assistant Investigator, Institute of Biomed Eng & Nanomed., National Health Research Institutes (NHRI), Taiwan
- 2012 - 2014/12, Research Associate, National Taiwan University, Taida Institute for Mathematical Sciences (TIMS), Center for Advanced Study in Theoretical Sciences (CASTS)
- 2011 - 2012, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, National Taiwan University, Center for Advanced Study in Theoretical Sciences (CASTS)
- 2009 - 2011, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, National Taiwan University, Department of Engineering Science and Ocean Engineering
- 2008 - 2009, Associate Professor (Docent), Theoretical Physics Department, I. Kant State University of Russia.
- 2005 - 2008, Assistant Professor of Theoretical Physics Department, I. Kant State University of Russia.
High intensity focused ultrasound ablation, nonlinear acoustics, treatment planning, High Performance Computing, computational fluid dynamics, kinetic theory
Research Activities & Accomplishment
- 2014/10, Young Investigator Award at 1st Global Conference on Biomedical Engineering (GCBME 2014) and 9th Asian Pacific Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering (APCMBE 2014), Tainan, Taiwan
- 2014/08, Best Paper Award at 21th National Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, Taiwan
- 2013, Best Research Paper Award for Young Researcher by National Science Council (now it is renamed as Ministry of Science and Technology)
- 2012-2015, Who is Who in the World
- 2006/09, The best report of a young researcher at XVIII Session of the Russian Acoustical Society
- 2006-2007, Scholar of the President of the Russian Federation
- American Journal of Applied Mathematics
- Significances of Bioengineering and Biosciences
- SM Journal of Minimally Invasive Surgery
- International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer; Medical Physics; Plos One; Computers in Biology and Medicine, Physics Letters A, Journal of Acoustical Society of America, AIP Advances, Communications in Computational Physics, Ultrasonics, Ultrasonics Sonochemistry
- F. Ivancic, T.W.H. Sheu*, M. Solovchuk*, Arbitrary Lagrangian Eulerian-Type Finite Element Methods Formulation for PDEs on Time-Dependent Domains with Vanishing Discrete Space Conservation Law, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 41(3), A1548-A1573, 2019.
- E. Zilonova, M. Solovchuk*, T. W. H. Sheu*, Dynamics of bubble-bubble interactions experiencing viscoelastic drag, Physical Review E, 99(2), 023109, 2019.
- E. Zilonova, M. Solovchuk*, T. W. H. Sheu, Simulation of cavitation enhanced temperature elevation in a soft tissue during high-intensity focused ultrasound thermal therapy, Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 53, 11-24, 2019.
- Symphony Chakraborty, Filip Ivancic, Maxim Solovchuk, Tony Wen-Hann Sheu*, Stability and dynamics of a chemotaxis system with deformed free-surface in a shallow chamber, Physics of Fluids, 30, 071904, 2018.
- Manuel A. DIaz, Maxim Solovchuk*, Tony W. H. Sheu, High-performance multi-GPU solver for describing nonlinear acoustic waves in homogeneous thermoviscous media, Computers&Fluids, 173, 195-205, 2018.
- Manuel A. DIaz, Maxim Solovchuk*, Tony W. H. Sheu, A conservative numerical scheme for modeling nonlinear acoustic propagation in thermoviscous media, Journal of Computational Physics,Vol. 363, pp. 200-230, 2018.
- E. Zilonova, M. Solovchuk*, T. W. H. Sheu, Bubble dynamics in viscoelastic soft tissue in high-intensity focal ultrasound thermal therapy, Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 40, 900-911, 2018
- Maxim A. Solovchuk*, Marc Thiriet, Tony W. H. Sheu*, Computational study of acoustic streaming and heating during acoustic hemostasis, Applied Thermal Engineering, 124, 1112-1122, 2017
- Maxim A. Solovchuk*, Tony W. H. Sheu*, Marc Thiriet, Multiphysics Modeling of Liver Tumor Ablation by High Intensity Focused Ultrasound, Communication in Computational Physics, 18(04), 1050-1071, 2015
- Maxim A. Solovchuk*, San Chao Hwang, Hsu Chang, Marc Thiriet, Tony W. H. Sheu*, Temperature elevation by HIFU in ex-vivo porcine muscle: MRI measurement and simulation study, Medical Physics, 2014, 41, 052903
- Maxim A. Solovchuk*, Tony W. H. Sheu*, Marc Thiriet, Image-based computational model for focused ultrasound ablation of liver tumor, Journal of Computational Surgery, 1:4, 2014 (invited article)
- Maxim A. Solovchuk, Tony W. H. Sheu, Marc Thiriet, Simulation of nonlinear Westervelt equation for addressing the acoustic streaming and nonlinear propagation effects, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 134(5), pp. 3931-3942, 2013
- Maxim A. Solovchuk, Tony W. H. Sheu, Marc Thiriet ,W. L. Lin, On a computational study for investigating acoustic streaming and heating during focused ultrasound ablation of liver tumor, Applied Thermal Engineering, 56 (1-2) , pp. 62-76, 2013
- Maxim A. Solovchuk, Tony W. H. Sheu, W. L. Lin, Ihyuan Kuo, M. Thiriet, Simulation study on acoustic streaming and convective cooling in blood vessels during a high-intensity focused ultrasound thermal ablation, Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, 55 (4), pp. 1261-1270, 2012
- Maxim A. Solovchuk, Tony W. H. Sheu. Prediction of strong shock structure using the bimodal distribution function, Phys. Rev. E, 83, 026301 ,2011
- Tony W. H. Sheu, Maxim A. Solovchuk, Alex W. J. Chen, Marc Thiriet, “On an acoustics-thermal-fluid coupling model for the prediction of temperature elevation in liver tumor”, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 54 (17-18), pp. 4117-4126, 2011
- Maxim A. Solovchuk, Tony W. H. Sheu, Prediction of shock structure using the bimodal distribution function, Phys. Rev. E 81, 056314 ,2010
- D. A. Vereshchagin, S. B. Leble, M. A. Solovchuk. Piecewise continuous distribution function method in the theory of wave disturbances of inhomogeneous gas. Physics Letters A Volume 348, Issues 3-6, Pages 326-334 ,2006